Food for Thought Festival
October 31 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
“NO WASTE, NO HUNGER”
Get ready for a family-fun food event focused on “No Waste, No Hunger!”
The day will comprise of a cook-off challenge between top local chefs with the backing of local businesses and Toi Ohomai students. All teams are competing for the winning title and trophy.
Our aim is to
- Raise awareness of the environmental impact of food waste
- Show the growing needs within our local community
- Explain the work Good Neighbour does to help alleviate this
All teams will be collaborating to produce innovative and delicious street food, using only ingredients that are rescued locally and are no longer perceived by consumers as desirable goods to purchase.
The street food created by the teams will be unrecognisable from the form it started in, to the end product. (e.g. 2-minute noodles made into taco baskets to dip into a mouthwatering curry, rice paper rolls made from sliced bread, and so many more amazing transformations.)
The winner’s trophy will be decided by the number of meals each team sells, the challenge is to have the best sales strategies possible.
A family fun day with food including;
- A corporate cook off challenge
- Tips and ideas for minimising food waste
- Kids activities and prizes
- Lots of yummy treats to sample
Hope you can be there.
Looking for the Corporate Sponsorship pack?